A decentralized well designed Ethereum wallet app has just been launched in the App Store. This wallet app is a major milestone for the PEAK ecosystem, which is currently positioning itself very well in the DeFi market with the MarketPeak education & sales platform, the PeakDeFi wallet and the PeakDeFi platform.
The DeFi industry and the company MarketPeak
DeFi, or Decentralised Finance, refers to decentralized financial services that are completely mapped on the blockchain through intelligent contracts, so-called smart contracts.
MarketPeak is a platform for Fintech products such as tokenized assets & education and was launched in May 2019. Since then, the company has developed very positively and has already built up a large community. The company’s own cryptocurrency called PEAK token is tracked by Coinmarketcap and is already listed on 6 exchanges: Coinsbit, P2PB2B, Bibox, Uniswap, Probit & Balancer.
In addition to the exchanges, the PEAK token is of course also available directly on MarketPeak through the so-called minting process, which is available by purchasing a membership package at a special price.
The PEAK-DeFi-Wallet: the next big step
On 13.08.2020 the decentralized PeakDefi app for IOS was launched and a few days later, it also opened its doors for Android.
First of all, you’ll notice that the app runs completely smoothly and impresses with a visually chic design. The structure is kept simple and clear, which is absolutely convincing.
You can either create a fresh Ethereum Wallet or import existing ETH wallets in a few easy steps. The difference to storage on an exchange is that only you have access to your wallet. The private keys are stored locally and encrypted on the device’s vault. You alone own the wallet and only you have access to it. From a security point of view, the whole thing is virtually a “hardware wallet” in a smartphone, i.e. the highest standard.
In the current version, the following features are included:
- The stored tokens can be tracked.
- A wallet can be created.
- Digital Collectibles can be stored and viewed (such as CryptoKitties)
- You have a complete overview of your transactions
- The value of the portfolio can be viewed in USD and ETH including a change over the last 24 hours.
- Various information about the individual tokens is displayed (description etc).
- Sending and receiving of tokens.
- Manage transaction costs.
- The use of QR codes is implemented.
- The app is available in 4 languages (English, Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese).
It is important to note that this is the first version of the app. It will be further developed in the near future with the focus always on security and usability. The following updates and further developments are planned for the near future:
- “Watch-Mode” is integrated: here it is possible to observe certain ETH addresses.
- Implementation of multiple wallets.
- Implementation of a decentralized exchange (DEX) for direct exchange of tokens in the wallet.
- Possibility to buy cryptocurrencies (e.g. Ethereum) via credit card, which makes it much easier for many people to enter the crypto market.
- A DeFi tab will be implemented, i.e. all DeFi protocols such as Maker, Compound, Aave and of course PeakDeFi can be used via the app to generate passive income. This feature is currently the greatest unique selling point of the App (USP)
- A staking platform will be installed later
These features are all to be achieved this year. The goal for the PeakDeFi App is to become at least the second largest DeFi App by the end of 2020, due to the rapidly growing community and the unique selling point of the App.
To take the standing of the app and the PEAK token to the next level, MarketPeak has entered into a new partnership with Ivendpay. Ivendpay is a payment provider who provides payment solutions to vending machines, retail and e-commerce. Here the PEAK token is integrated into their payment system. In detail the whole thing looks as follows:
Via so-called mPOS terminals, payments in stores are possible via a mobile app and then also with the PEAK-DeFi app. In the payment process of the terminal, the token to be used for payment can be selected on the touch screen, whereby the PEAK token can also be selected.
The cooperation with Ivendpay is especially driving a stronger adaptation in Asia, as it is widely used there.
In addition to the app, it is of course also important how the PEAK ecosystem will be set up in the future and what outlook for the future can be given:
The PEAK ecosystem is to be based primarily on 3 pillars: The education platform MarketPeak, the PeakDeFi wallet app and the PeakDeFi platform for tokenized assets.
The education platform MarketPeak is the first central part of the ecosystem. It contains the complete education and also the minting of the PEAK tokens, which is available through the membership packages.
The Peak-DeFi Wallet App is the second pillar and, as described in this article, will be continuously developed over time and is completely decentralized.
The Peak DeFI platform for tokenized assets will be added as the last pillar in October 2020. The main product here will be a decentralized hedge fund with a very innovative concept. In addition, the tokenized assets will also be gradually integrated here.
Conclusion: The DeFi market is currently developing rapidly and attracting more and more interest. The PEAK ecosystem with its extremely well-thought-out concept is playing a leading role in this market and is very well positioned right from the start.
We are very curious to see how the PEAK-Family and the DeFi-market will develop and, based on current knowledge, we are looking very positively into the future.